Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default lifelines with out PVC coating?

7x7 uncoated is hard to come by but 1x19 is fairly common. A good bit
stiffer but that shouldn't make much difference for lifelines.

I have 100' of 1/4" Amsteel Blue which I am considering using. Stronger,
easier to fabricate and a lot cheaper installed. If I can just get past
having blue lifelines. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Has anyone done this? It seems like the PVC just contributes to life line
degradation. If so, what was your source for the wire/fittings?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com