Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default lifelines with out PVC coating?

I think I will replace mine with plain wire. The Genoa and I rub
against and grab the plain wire shrouds all the time without any sign
of a problem. I took the split PVC covers off the shrouds and was
amazed at the gunk underneath. Can't be good for a metal that needs a
replenishing supply of oxygen to avoid corrosion.

I've heard or seen something somewhere about using some of the new
super low stretch rope for lifelines.
Has anyone heard about that idea?

--

Roger Long

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Has anyone done this? It seems like the PVC just contributes to life
line degradation. If so, what was your source for the wire/fittings?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com