Default provisioning

Not to mention that I do not have any test kit to check the quality of
potable water that I could find ashore.
At time when I am not sure of the water either I do not use it or I use a
feed drops of Clorox (Javex) water then I boil it for drinking. It not fool
proof but for the lack of a better thing it is worth getting use to. I can
remember one time I was about to fill two 5 gallons containers when I found
out that it was salty sea water. One other time, I ask the general store
owner if I could fill my containers with potable water. He replied not a
problem. Then I said what's that smell (rotten eggs). He replied it is
high mineral content water we dring it every day and its been approved for
human consumption. I rowed back on my boat and did not pour the water into
my tank but left the containers in the cockpit. Now that I am shopping for
new sailboat I want to make sure that I dot run into the same problems as
before.
BTW: Clorox (Javex) was widely used by the armed forces water tankers in
the Congo.

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jack Dale wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:24:24 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:06:13 GMT, wrote:

. . . In areas like Desolation Sound, that is essential, water is
sparse. I hate
having to go look for water. . .

?? Have things changed up there? I cruised Desolation Sound, etc.,
extensively in the '70s and filling a coupla jerry cans while venturing
ashore was easy, fresh water lakes and creeks galore. Fresh water is
much more problematical in places like the Sea of Cortez.