posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] powercat@verizon.net is offline

Default shoot-through transducers, mineral oil, and adhesive

Several posts recently about setting transducers in a tube filled with
mineral oil. The problem noted was the mineral oil eating through the
adhesive that affixes the tube to the fiberglass. I found a reference
that stated Sikkens Sikaflex is the adhesive of choice for this
endeavor. I'm going to give this a whirl in the next week. Although I
don't see what keeps the transducer from bouncing around in the mineral
oil.