Stanley Barthfarkle Stanley Barthfarkle is offline

Default Removing painted on registration numbers

I once used oven cleaner to remove the custom painted pinstripe lettering
from a fiberglass motorcycle fairing, per the dealer who sold it to me.
Worked great- lots of rubbing, but no damage to paint finish.

"FREDO" wrote in message
. ..
I am having difficulty removing painted on numbers from the hull of my
Crestliner boat.

Lacquer thinner will slowly work but it is also taking off the maroon
factory paint.
Would some type of enamel reducer possibly work without taking off the
factory paint?
Any suggestions out there?

Fredo