MMC MMC is offline

Default provisioning

Not all boats carry 100's of gallons of water and if those cruisers want to
go more than a couple days without refilling, hand pumps and solar shower
bags come in handy!
Picture if you had a 75 gal tank and an unintiated guest aboard ****ing half
of it out the shower sump?
The same attitude that says "if the skipper has to be conservative about
water stores" could be carried further, got a ice maker? NO? AND YOU'RE
GOING OFFSHORE! MY GOD, THE INHUMANITY................
I've been in situations where water conservation was very important and had
to figure out how to use what we had as economically as possible. Taking a
luke warm shower and pumping sink water manually is not exactly a sacrifice.
Maybe a little too hard core for you guys? Ha!
MMC
Still looking at the same sunsets, drinking cold drinks, not smelling like a
goat, etc. as you guys with 300 gallons....

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
newsK2Fg.10903$ok5.9618@dukeread01...
It is kinda hard to justify spending $75K to $250K or more for a boat to
cruise on if you have to live like you were in the 16th century.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:57:35 GMT, "MMC" wrote:

You can cut that 5-10 gal per day by quite a bit by turning off the water
heater and electric pumps!

You can cut consumption to zero if you turn off the pump but what's
the point? There are folks who cross oceans in small boats who wash
with salt water and have no refrigeration but that's an extreme not
likely to happen with most people.