Default provisioning

Well what kind of a sailor I am and what is my present situation.

I did not want to lay up my profile but you got me started.

When I was a young child plastic, toys were not made. My first toy was a
10-inch long wooden sailboat with a long sheet metal keel with sharp edges.
I play with it in the bath tub until the sharp metal keel lacerated my skin.
After that my mother took it away from me.;-(

Then we made sailboats with old wooden doors and used sugar bags. After
going from dinghies, canoes, kayaks I now have a sailboat since 1982. The
sailboat has been used in the Bay of Fundy, St. John river system, Coast of
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Maine, Gulf of St Lawrence and Lake Champlain.
Now I am shopping to replace my old sailboat with a new one. Although I have
been sailing for some time, I can always learn from more experienced
sailors.

This new sailboat will be my last one and I want to make sure that it suits
my needs. I do not want to depend on shore replenishment too much. Even if
you are shopping on shore you have to carry the stuff back to your boat. One
time in Buck Harbor we walked 5 miles returns for veggies and bread. Many
time while cruising I rowed on shore for potable water with a 5 gallons can
with my dinghies.

"Brian Whatcott" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:12:07 -0400, Jeff wrote:

First, a cranky comment - Why is that so many people ask very basic
general questions without offering even the simplest description of
their situation? I mean, don't you think it would help if you told us
whether you were interested in sail or power?

This won't be the first time this complaint has been made.

I suspect its easy to write a query, and harder to think through the
details on your own.

I have even noticed myself asking questions of the simple kind,
though I've answered many many others - human nature, maybe.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK