Jack Dale Jack Dale is offline

Default provisioning

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:43:18 +0100, Ian Malcolm

UTH milk, I just want to make sure I read this correctly, is this the milk
that do not need refrigeration? I remember using some milk (1983) that
keeps for a long time as long as the container is not open. For some
reason or another I have not seen that type of milk on sale any more. Or is
it "Carnation Milk".

Its UHT milk (NOT UTH)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high_temperature_processing
*MUCH* easier to buy something you have the correct name for. It
doesn't keep as well as fresh milk after opening and the larger cartons
for many brands over here are rather flimsy and can be difficult to
store on a boat. Try to find a brand that you can get in a size that
you finish a whole carton each day. A nearly full opened carton of
anything, but especially milk is a ****ing nuisance on passage as no
matter what you do it WILL leak so it usually has to be stood in the
sink. If you do put opened ones in the fridge, expect to be cleaning
out the bottom of the fridge weekly unless you want a stink that can
kill at twenty paces :-(

Yes - I was a little sloppy with the keyboard.

I usually buy the one litre size and find pack other items around it.

I know that we should not cry over spilled milk, but I can concur that
cleaning it out of a fridge is an awful job.

Jack