posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart Thom Stewart is offline

Default The Best Cockpit, not a 35.5 MG midget

Doug,

Every Skipper, worth his Salt, in his own mind evaluates conditions,
course, weather, ability of the crew and the DURATION of the voyage. If
he figures he will have to helm the whole voyage, that is the Skipper
decision (IMHO) If he can do it fine. That is HIS DECISION! If he can't
he should get competent help or cancel the trip.

Who I'm I to make a judgement of right or wrong? Decision making isn't
something that can be set down in a memo that can be correct for all
unknown future conditions. IMHO it had better be left to the person
doing the evaluation.

CM's Voyage was a success and therefore a proper decision period.

Let's don't let some desk jockey get involved in something he cannot
possible envision all the variable in the future.

Let's keep; Freedom of the Sea---FREE!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage