posted to rec.boats.paddle
Marsh Jones Marsh Jones is offline

Default Shortening a kayak?

Michael Daly wrote:
wrote:

Given our lack of storage space, I am considering shortening them.

Sell them and buy the kayaks you want. I modify kayaks all the time,
but shortening the hull is just a waste of time and money.

Mike

Agreed as well. Assuming you get the right materials to effect the
repairs, there will still potentially be weaker spots and definitely
make a heavier (and probably quite ugly) boat.
Spiff them up, toss a coat of gelgloss on them, and sell them. Then buy
boats you can store and are usable as they were built.

Marsh