Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Getting to the bottom of it... (Ablative question)

In article .com,
"Skip Gundlach" wrote:

As many of you know, we're close to splashing our 2-year refit. It was
newly ablative bottom painted when we bought it.

A local asserts that the bottom paint is dead, and it will have to be
redone.

Ablative paint doesn't "die".

BUT, since you have the boat out of the water, why not splash on a
couple more coats? the boat's already dry.... Make it a different color
if you don't have a "reveal" coat under what's there now. Put extra
coats at the waterline, leading edges, and the whole rudder.

After a single good coat, we went two seasons with only touch-ups where
the under-color was showing. Would have gone a third year, except that a
sale was going on and a gallon was only slightly more than a quart.

--
Jere Lull