Default GPS / Chartplotter solution?

There is nothing wrong with wearing bifocal glass. It is a natural aging
process. Most LCD are hard to read in direct sun light. Beside
navigational equipment digital cameras are the worst to read in direct sun
light.
In my case I have my eyes examined every two years and I wear bifocal all
the time. On board I have two pair of prescription polarized sun glass made
for distance viewing. These are used most of the time and especially to
have a visual on distant objects on the water. I also have pairs of tinted
prescription bi-focal eyes glass that I use for outside charts and
instrument reading.
For on the water visual with the sun reflecting tinted eye glass are not as
good as polarized. In Canada the polarized bi-focal are just too expensive.
How come I have two pairs of each? As I get new prescription eye glass
every two years I keep the old one as spare. I have been know to sat on my
glass, misplaced them or the grand children to inadvertently throw them
overboard.
Now the navigational instruments manufacturers are coming with anti - glare
LC display and they are much easier to read and to keep a visual on the
screens.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:27:00 -0400, Ryk
wrote:

I'm sure there are others on this route. I would like to hear from
anybody else with 50ish eyes who has moved on to a better display. How
much is enough? Should I just bite the bullet and buy a big screen? Or
should I keep a pair of half glasses at the helm? (which might not
help the rain issue)

If you have space and the budget, the Furuno 10.4 inch color screens
are outstanding for both daytime and night time visibility. Next best
are their 7 inch screens.