Del Cecchi Del Cecchi is offline

Default The new PWC?

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:02:21 -0500, Del Cecchi
wrote:

There are a lot of idiot powerboaters around.

Oh cheez, here we go, another sailor who believes that power boat
owners are required to undergo brain removal before they can purchase.

To a sailboat operator, the prevailing definition of "stupid idiot" is
someone who is going faster than they are when under power.

Sail boats and kayaks have something in common: They are both able to
go where most powerboats can not, although for different reasons.

Too bad they don't go there and celebtate with each other. It would
likely alter the earth's orbit however with all of that brain power
concentrated in one place.

Another Sailor? You talking about me? Haven't sailed in 40 years.
Drive a Lund ProVee. And paddle a canoe in the wilderness on occasion.
Ever try to carry a 18 foot boat with a 115 across a half mile portage
cut through the forest?
Not practical besides being unlawful. See Quetico Provincial Park,
Ontario. Or BWCA for that matter.

But it is often necessary to risk life and limb by crossing lakes used by
many fine people with motorboats and a few idiots.

If you think that there aren't powerboaters out there who are a menace to
anyone in a boat smaller than theirs you haven't been paying attention.
(and I've seen a few be a menace to themselves in the presence of barge
strings on the upper mississippi)

del cecchi