posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in Alaska Bruce  in Alaska is offline

Default what size shunt do I need?

In article ,
ondawada wrote:

Ahoy, what size shunt (can I make one?) do I need for this gauge?
Specs:
D.C. Ammeter - range to 75 amps
Triplett Corp.
Hendricks Electric Inc.
Sticker on the back says:
EIL
Cat: 321T
RGE: 50 MVDC
SCL: 0-50 ?ADC (one of the letters is rubbed out, MADC?)
I have a 70A alternator and 220AH house battery capacity. I'd like to
do this myself if I can. I have a small shunt from a 12v battery
charger but I don't think that will work. If the correct answer is
"you need a 50mv, 70A shunt", where do I get one? Lot's of people
selling 100A, 500A etc for solar pannels. Thanks for your time.

You have all the information you NEED right there in your POST...
Your meter needs a 50mv DC Shunt, to read correctly and the meter
is a 0-75Amp DC Scaled 50 ma DC Meter.
If you would like to check my information, call Paul Hendricks
at Hendricks Electric, located at Fishermans Terminal in Seattle,
Washington USA.

Tell him "Bruce in alaska" sent you..... he'll know who you mean.....
--
add a 2 before @