Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default The new PWC?

On 14 Aug 2006 09:20:15 -0700, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

Make no mistake about the attitude of most kayakers: they can barely
tolerate sailboats and see powerboats as Satan's spawn. The fact that
we don't always reduce our wakes to a ripple when within a mile or two
of a kayak only aggravates their sentiments that we are "defiling
Gaea".

I was speaking specifically, with tongue in cheek, about those
inexperienced yakkers who seem to think that wakes and tidal currents
have to bearing on their ability to maneuver their "boats".

And the fact that they seem emboldened enough to take up 20 of the
available parking spaces for trailers with single cars at a state
launch ramp.

Not to mention that most of them are inexperienced in the use of a
kayak and don't even bother to put their PFDs on in heavily traveled
areas and channels.

Now I'm getting mad again - oooooooommmmmmmmmmmm :)

In Emeryville on SF Bay there is an expensive Asian Restaurant near the
ramp. Their customers have no problem parking in the trailer area, but if a
trailer person parks outside the trailer area, they get a ticket. Unless
they park on the street about 1/2 mile + away.