Larry Larry is offline

Default engine-driven fridge

"Rick" wrote in
:

what Freon's are you using? Was it a R12 system that you converted to
134A? Is there a high pressure switch that opens the clutch? Who's
system is it?

Yes, there's another angle, too! When it's converted to R-134a, you should
see just a SPRAY of R-134a in the sight glass, NOT solid liquid with no
bubbles like R-12 was. R-134a is much more cooling so we don't fill the
system.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Cars-Air-Conditioning
http://www.machinerylubrication.com/...?articleid=310
&relatedbookgroup=Lubrication
http://www.sanden.com/support/servic.../retrofit.html
http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1674978

To sum up from everything I can read.....DON'T. If it was working great on
R-12, find R-12. Some sailors brought me back 4 cases of 16 oz cans from
the Caribbean islands for my old '73 220D's 2-cylinder system. They paid
68c/can for it! Damned stuff was made in TENNESEE...LAST YEAR! This
replacement business is a big EPA-sponsored RIPOFF...

The ozone hole over Antarctica got bigger, year-after-year, after the ban.
Another government lie, raising prices. The SUN causes the hole, stupids.