posted to rec.boats.building
kth kth is offline

Default American Boating & Yacht Council Standards, new or older for 1/16 the price ?

ABYC standards issues revisions to their book every year. With that
said, you're missing out on 20+ years of some really fantastic
technical committees reviewing and revising their standards. Although
I'm not personally familiar with the '85 version, I can only imagine
that the differences are substational. That's my .02

Courtney Thomas wrote:
I'm looking to acquire a copy of the ABYC Standards and can buy a 1985
version for about $25 vs $400 to join and buy the latest.

My boat is not the latest anything, and having never seen a copy of the
standards,
..... is the additional expense worth it or does the older version
sufficiently cover the basics to be adequate for a pre-1985 boat ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney