posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring
riverman riverman is offline

Default Coleman Canoe wrapped around a rock - need parts

"FrogontheLog" wrote in message
oups.com...
Loaned out my Coleman B Model canoe, purchased in 1979. Guess what -
wrecked. Need a Keelson, Center thwart and Gunwale for left side.

Unfortunately, Coleman sold the div to Pelican who no longer have or
stock parts.

Do any of you know where I can still get replacement parts for this
conoe????????

Thanks

Umm, why bother? Coleman boats are notorious for being of low quality, and
your 1979 model is certainly beyond its life expectancy anyway. You could
use this opportunity to replace it with a boat from a more reputable
manufacturer, and get something of quality. Old Town, Mad River, Lincoln and
others have boats in a competitive price range to Coleman, and they will
last much longer. In fact, it's quite possible that an OT Discovery 16'
would not have wrapped in the same situation that destroyed your Coleman, as
the OT hulls are much more rigid and slippery.

--riverman