posted to rec.boats.building
Courtney Thomas Courtney Thomas is offline

Default American Boating & Yacht Council Standards, new or older for 1/16 the price ?

I'm looking to acquire a copy of the ABYC Standards and can buy a 1985
version for about $25 vs $400 to join and buy the latest.

My boat is not the latest anything, and having never seen a copy of the
standards,
...... is the additional expense worth it or does the older version
sufficiently cover the basics to be adequate for a pre-1985 boat ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney