Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Lake Boating and Mountain Lions

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Bryan" wrote in message
I've been on a San Diego beach vacation and received a voicemail from a
friend who visited MY lake while I was gone. This is the same lake that
caused me to ask how to deal with intruding raccoons at the boat in
campsites. I told all the Mom's that they had to watch out for
rattlesnakes
and mountain lions. I got zero response on the mountain lion mention.

Until my friend, at anchor for a picnic on the water, turned to see what
the
noise was all about and watched a mountain lion scoop up a squirrel for
lunch! She called while we were in San Diego; it must have been quite a
sight to see. Wish I coulda been there.

I guess they, the ACofE, mean it when they call it primitive boat-in
camping.

2 years ago there were 2 mt. lions at Pardee. Used to see one once in a
while while boating. They remind me more of a dog than a cat when they
are sitting there looking around.

That's the interesting thing about the cat world; they are impressive when
they are up and moving about.