Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Lake Boating and Mountain Lions

" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message

"Bryan" wrote in message
I've been on a San Diego beach vacation and received a voicemail from a
friend who visited MY lake while I was gone. This is the same lake that
caused me to ask how to deal with intruding raccoons at the boat in
campsites. I told all the Mom's that they had to watch out for
rattlesnakes
and mountain lions. I got zero response on the mountain lion mention.

Until my friend, at anchor for a picnic on the water, turned to see what
the
noise was all about and watched a mountain lion scoop up a squirrel for
lunch! She called while we were in San Diego; it must have been quite a
sight to see. Wish I coulda been there.

I guess they, the ACofE, mean it when they call it primitive boat-in
camping.

You hit the trifecta if there are tigers and bears there also! Oh my!
;-)

Although rare, mountain lions have been known to attack humans and you may
think twice about camping there again.

http://www.topangaonline.com/nature/lionatk.html

I don't know about the trifecta, but my lake (I've discovered) has raccoons,
mountain lions, and otters; I guess that is a trifecta. Not to mention the
panfish, bass, and trout. Then there's the amazing bird diversity, not too
mention all the unseen things. The nature of my lake has been growing on me
over the year I've had my boat.