Larry Larry is offline

Default Watercraft Excise tax in Maine?

wrote in
:

It is possible to put a monetary amount on what it cost in watercraft
taxes to own a sailboat.
The scenario would be: I buy a 33 feet sailboat at $100,00.00. Then
I have to pay the sales tax at ? After that I have to pay a tax
every year assessed on the value of the boat. Is the value of the
boat the cost of a new replacement of it fair market value?
The same thing would apply if I leave my sailboat in the US for more
than 6 months do I have to pay watercraft tax.
Not to mention that we have to pay a cruising tax when entering the
US.

http://tinyurl.com/lmb67
http://www.dnr.sc.gov/boating/registration.html
http://tinyurl.com/ltktw
http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/t...103175&posts=4
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/itax/edi...ate_tax_SC.asp
http://www.strom.clemson.edu/publica.../tax-guide.pdf
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2...h/MOTORBOA.pdf
http://www.scstatehouse.net/CODE/t12c036.htm
(no, noone in SC can read that last webpage, either, probably including
the bureaucrats and politicians who wrote it.)

If you park your boat here, you must pay boat taxes to the county here
each year. Tax bureaucrats sweep the marinas looking for cheaters. I
think they must be on commission...(c;

http://www.propertiesofcharleston.com/CB_Taxes.php
http://tinyurl.com/oktqw

Taxes here are just awful trying to support way too many expensive school
educrats. It has always been a shameful situation.