posted to rec.boats.building
Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default Boat building, carpentry, and hearing

Having been building boats for 20 years and being a road manager of a rock
band for 3 years I can definitely say that the 3 years on the road did a
heck of a lot more damage to my ears than the boatbuilding has. :-) OTOH,
the LPU, polyester fumes and teak dust have done a lot more damage to my
nose. ;-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"psx1337" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm 17 and thinking about going to a wooden yacht restoration and
construction school. Some people have told me that this kind of work is
bad on your hearing, and I've read some stuff that says by age 25 many
carpenters have the hearing of a 50 year old. As a musician, I value my
hearing. So what I'm wondering is. 1. What's the biggest cause
specifically of this, if anything. and 2. What could I do to avoid it?