Dennis Pogson Dennis Pogson is offline

Default Getting to the bottom of it... (Ablative question)

Skip Gundlach wrote:
As many of you know, we're close to splashing our 2-year refit. It
was newly ablative bottom painted when we bought it.

A local asserts that the bottom paint is dead, and it will have to be
redone.

How say you who have experienced this? Not hard, ablative, out of the
water for a couple of years essentially immediately after application?

If it has to be redone, do I have to take off the old paint as well?
Or, with a scuff-up, will the bottom adhere, and (perhaps?)
re-activate the old stuff?

Meanwhile, some of you who had previously asked have received an
invitation to join our yahoogroups log list. If you'd like to hear
about our adventures, join up with the link below...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
See our galleries at http://justpickone.org/skip/gallery/
Follow us at

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

If it's a leaching antifouling it requires contact with (and movement thru)
water to leach it.