JimH JimH is offline

Default stopping a twin engine and holding position

"gunnar199" u25155@uwe wrote in message news:6494a4658fbe5@uwe...
I have a 27 foot carver with twin 180hp stern drives. This is the first
tein
engine boat i've owned. I understand
using the throttle and clutches for steering . I need help on how to stop
and
maintain my position when waiting for the draw bridge to open .

thanks

gunnar199

Twin engines are your friends.

To stop just put both engines in reverse.

If you are drifting to one side while waiting for the bridge to open keep
both engines at idle..........if drifting to the left put the port engine in
forward and the starboard in reverse.........do just the opposite if
drifting to the right. Put both in forward, then in neutral just before
achieving your desired position.