JohnH JohnH is offline

Default 18-200 VR Independent review

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:17:50 -0400, "Reginal P. Smithers III"
wrote:

More confirmation that if you have an critical eye you will be able to
tell the difference between the pro lens and the extremely popular "all
in one" lens. The popular "all in one" lens advantages is it is light
weight, you don't have to change lens and the average vacation
shutterbug won't be see the difference between the "all in one" and the
3 different heavy and very expensive "pro" lens it replaces.

http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCF...6/18043.html#6

I have the feeling JohnH will see the difference when he is doing big
blow ups or doing some creative Artsy Fartsy stuff. Anyone who is
taking vacation shots, and printing out 4x6 or putting pics on a web
page of their vacations probably won't see the difference.

The bottom line in the lens review is with camera lens', like everything
else, there is no such thing as free lunch, but this "all in one" lens
is still one hell of a nice lens.

I still think Nikon's has a QC problem with this "All in One"
lens, I am reading too many variations in sharpness such as was
highlighted in this thread. This is to be expected when a product is
Backordered over 6 months. I think product is being shipped out the
door, that would not have gotten past QC if it was not for the Backorder
situation.

Thanks, Reg. I guess I'll just keep my 70-200 VR lens and put up with the
added 2lbs. I appreciate the link.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John