Calif Bill

Default temperature sender mounting on outboard

"Don WA5NGP" wrote in message
om...
Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll try to find someplace that will hold
it in place with some heatsink goop. The actual measurement value is
not so important as is a relative reading that its either like it
normally is or something that is different. I've already used it
like this to check the tranny fluid temperature on my suburban. I
think I found out that the radiator usually warms up the tranny fluid.

I don't have a pressure gauge. Does the pressure gauge sending unit
simply connect to the telltale spout on the water jacket and elininate
the telltale?

tks
Don WA5NGP

You want it up high on the motor. First place for water to be vacant.