Camilo

Default temperature sender mounting on outboard

"Don WA5NGP" wrote

snip:

I don't have a pressure gauge. Does the pressure gauge sending unit
simply connect to the telltale spout on the water jacket and elininate
the telltale?

I bought a teleflex pressure gauge. It came with a variety of fittings for
a variety of apps. On mine (older, large Jonnyrude v6) it T's with the tell
tale. A very simple installation. Now that I know it works, and have
gotten in the habit of glancing down at the gauge instead of turning and
looking back at the tell tale, I could change the fitting and connection to
just replace the tell tale since it's not really needed anymore. The only
problem I had was that the tubing included (a small, hollow flexible
plastic/rubber tube runs from the motor to the gauge) was not long enough.
I found some similar tubing at a local industrial supply house (very cheap),
but I imagine that it uses tubing similar to a pitot-type speedo. (which I
don't have, so I'm not sure).

Cam