Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Sailboat Popularity Question ... $4 per gal fuel

In article q9mBg.1554$Fl2.29@trndny01,
"Thomas Wentworth" wrote:

And now with the price of fuel, I wonder if there will be a resurgence of
the popularity of the cruising sailboat. I was at the fuel dock the other
day, a motor boat was filling up. $300 dollars for the fill up! And this
was not a big boat. I put in $20 dollars. Got my sails ready and paid the
wind a compliment. Off!

At our marina, even the sailboats aren't going out as much because of
the cost to get TO the boat. It's really hurting the whole industry as
those boats that aren't used don't break so often.

Meanwhile, we used 13 gallons last year and haven't quite used 10 yet
this season -- but we've only been out about 25 days so far.

--
Jere Lull