posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Doug-A Brutal Truth

There is a reason for all of Doug's hot air and bullish narrow minded
nonsense. Recently he told everyone that coamings can only have a
single purpose. Being displaced from his own dreams of sailing, he's a
bitter man. This is the reason why:

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/imag...esailorweb.jpg

Look at her, Doug. That pretty lady is enjoying her time aboard Heart
of Gold. Unlike you I found the right woman. She has zero interest in
powerboats and loves the feel of sailing. No amount of "practicality"
would push her into something like a trawler. Since she cares about me,
she wouldn't walk away from a C&C 121 either. In fact, as I said
before, I had to talk her out of the C&C 99!
I understand that you're angry. And at your age options are few, and
dwindling moment by moment. Being a MAN isn't about getting your way,
Doug. It's not about controling the woman in your life either. It's
about choosing a mate who shares the same dreams.
I guess your wife was dreaming about diesels, big props and a sofa on
board. No one here would dare be honest with you of course....but they
all know I'm right.
Shhhhhhhhhh. Here comes Doug, Dead Sailor Powering.

RB
35s5
NY