Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Watercraft Excise tax in Maine?

The excise tax isn't too bad for sailboats because it's based on
horsepower. It is much more for our cars. The lowest was for the
airplane when I was flying, go figure.

--

Roger Long

wrote in message
While searching for the Town of Brunswick Maine I ran across the
following:

The owner of watercraft located in Maine, unless otherwise exempt,
is liable to pay an annual excise tax to the municipality for the
privilege of operating that watercraft upon the waters of the State.

I wonder how much tax you have to pay and how its assessed? Do we
have to pay excise tax in all of the States or is it only in Maine?