posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default A new friend...

No such thing as a bad boat.

Not so sure about that. A few of the horrid ferro-cement abortions I've
seen during my life probably qualified.

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Hey now, I logged about 500 miles on a 44' custom built ferro-cement,
pilot house ketch, on a delivery crew. Wasn't so bad.

He didn't say that *all* ferro-cement boats were horrid
abortions. Some are great, I knew a man in Florida with a
40' pinky schooner... the only one of that type I've ever
sailed... built out of ferro-cement. A few rough spots on
the hull but it was a great boat.

After thinking it over, I would have to say that there is
such a thing as a bad boat after all... ones that never
fulfill their basic function. Of coourse, in many cases it's
not really the boats fault.

DSK