[email protected] bwallingford@gmail.com is offline

Default sterndrive water pump w/closed cooling merc engine

I've scoured both Seloc & Clymer service manuals, and done extensive
searches on line, along with discussing this issue with other boaters
with much more experience than I have, but still haven't found a
definitive answer (but, of course, plenty of "opinions" ....

'86 Tiara 2600 w/5.7 merc alpha one, closed cooling system. Since this
engine has a raw water pump, does the pump in the sterndrive serve any
purpose, and do I need to be concerned with maintaining it?

Cheers,
Brian