posted to rec.boats.electronics
Scott Scott is offline

Default Power Trim Question

I had the shift-mounted switch fail on my 115 Yamaha outboard.
It was easy to replace and fixed the problem.

"DAVE ALONZI" wrote in message
I have a 1999 Mercruiser Alpha ! Gen II sterndrive. The power trim
does not go up with the shift mounted control, but does activate with
the TRAILER button.

The service manual suggests that the switch may be faulty. I also
have some trouble shooting info in the manual to try. The trim pump
is located in a hard to get at location. before I try to get at the
pump, I though I would ask the group for suggestions.

Thanks in advance....

Dave