ACP ACP is offline

Default How many times.....................

"basskisser" wrote in message
ups.com...

Calif Bill wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JohnH" wrote in message

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:02:17 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

We used M14s when I was in basic training back in the 60s. They were
deadly accurate at 300+ yards using the standard iron sights.

Amen! And somewhere around here I've got my Expert Marksmanship Badge
prove it.

I am not 100% sure, but I think the rifles we used to guard the trash
dumpsters (dipstey-dumpsters)
in the Navy in the late 60's were old M-1s with the firing pin removed.
We used to exercises with the damn thing and it felt like it weighed
100lbs after an hour or so.

Eisboch

Dempster Dumpsters. When I was a youth, one evening at my fathers
machine
shop, the original Dempster Dumpster on a truck that they used for demo's
came in for some work. Everybody thought is was a good concept.
Unfortunately, no one bought stock in the company.

There were also Dempsey Dumpsters. Do a google search. Dempster
Dumpsters were made in CA, GA, and Canada. Dempsey was

I believe "Dempsey" is an incorrect pronunciation "Dempster" in the context
of Dumpsters and has stuck in some instances.