Paul Cassel Paul Cassel is offline

Default Sailboat Popularity Question ... $4 per gal fuel

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
ON LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE - Rising gas prices are not just hitting car drivers,
who are bemoaning paying $3 a gallon to go to work. They're hitting people
at play, especially boaters, who now can pay around $4 a gallon.

I'd say boating is in for a hit. Many folks don't have the time /
patience to sail. Like another poster here said, I couldn't make it
from Palm to the islands for a weekend on my 42 foot cutter, but the
powerboats could.

I think that with sailing too tedious for many and power boating too
expensive, the entire industry will take a dive.

My friend is shopping for a power boat now. The prices are WAY WAY down.
I suppose it's the fuel.

-paul