JimH JimH is offline

Default Gasoline prices - another record high/ supply and demand

" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message
. ..

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 08:08:44 -0400, JohnH wrote:

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 11:35:57 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:24:55 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
news:WoKdnY_0Ts9ceU7ZnZ2dnUVZ_omdnZ2d@comcast .com...

***ME*** shift the conversation? You're talking about mortgage rates
while I'm telling that freight rates have increased 30% in 40-ish
months*, and you're making like it's a non-event.

*A number of months which is not a coincidence, by the way.

How much has the cost of groceries gone up at your local grocery
store in
the last two years?

On which products in particular? An average would be meaningless.

Well, let me put it this way - about 100%.

I'll let you know when we buy our annual "basket". That is to say, we
buy the same thing, in one basket, every year just to see how much
more we pay year-to-year. We do it every year the weekend after Labor
Day.

Last year it was just shy of 80%.

Tom, were 80% of the items priced higher, or was the total price 80%
higher?

If the latter, you've gotta quit buying tomatoes at Safeway!

Total price.

And we don't buy anything at Safeway. :)

When purchasing produce you are *always* better off shopping at locally
owned grocery stores or farmers stands and staying away from the large
regional chains.

We buy our produce at our local Heinen's store (16 stores total, all in
the general area and locally owned) or the local farmers stands when in
season. Heinen's purchases produce daily from the downtown food terminal
and distributes it that day to their stores. It is therefore much fresher
than with the large chains who buy it, warehouse it at their main
distribution points and eventually ship it to their stores often several
States away.

edit