Dennis Pogson Dennis Pogson is offline

Default Sailboat Popularity Question ... $4 per gal fuel

Ed wrote:
I don't mind a sailboat but I have an issue giving up what I like to
do: -Go to Bimini for a weekend (With the gulfstream it's a 12 hour
sail from FLL. vs 2 hr) not exactly a weekend timing.
-Go out at any tide...Many of the inlets are not available to
sailboats due to the fact that the current rips at 5kts +
-Go diving with several friends... (Not exactly easy to do when the
transom is 4 ft above the water..can't find a good place to put 10
tanks either.
-Go sport fishing.... 2 lines doesn't cut it and backing down on a
fish is pain.
-drag along a whaler so my kids can ski, wakeboard, etc.
-Run my generator at anchor (Sailboters just don't do that... they
prefer to sweat)

remember... some of us actually use our boats for activities...not
just as a means of transport...$10 a gallon...boating will be the
least of our worries....but I'll still be out there...

If you have the time and the boat fits your activity level then I
think sailboats are a great thing!!!!

Quite right too! Nil desperandum carbrundum (never let the *******s grind
you down!)