Bert Robbins Bert Robbins is offline

Default Gasoline prices - another record high/ supply and demand

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

Anyway...back to the oil subject: Oil is a product too important to
be fiddled with by monkeys. Would you agree that when the price
increases by 50%, it affects parts of the economy in negative ways?
Develop another source of usable energy that is more cost effective
than oil is and you could be rich. Otherwise, shut up and pay before
you pump.

Irrelevant. Would you agree that when the price increases by 50%, it
affects parts of the economy in negative ways?
Why is it irrelevant? Is it that you don't want to discuss
alternatives because it will spoil you current activity of slamming
the Bush Administration?

How many people have been laid off due to the increase in oil costs?
How many people have gone bankrupt due to the increase in oil costs?

The more interesting piece of economic news of late is the potential
increase in the forclosure rate due to the variable interest rate
mortgages rising considerably over the next two years. The general,
pre oil price rise, trend over the last two years that is predicted by
the FRBS is more troubling. Shouldn't the FRBS be lowering the rate to
keep the current variable rate mortgage payers in paying rather than
being forclosed on?

He says sitting on a 5.75% 30 year fixed interest rate mortgage.
You're drinking again. What's Bush got to do with the futures market,
which has been around since before he was scraped out of his petri
dish?
Who said anything about Bush? FRBS = Federal Reserve Banking System. You
know they guys that are independent of the three branches of government
and who set monitary policy in the US.

You're right about oil though. Its cost is only important to the cars
we drive, and anything that needs to be shipped. That's not much. Every
now and then, I push a button and see a graph of the per mile trucking
costs my company and ALL others have paid over the years. It's a steep
curve over the last 40 months or so. But, it must be wrong, even though
the figures come directly from our invoices. Maybe I need my glasses
checked.
What have you stopped doing due to the increase in oil? Have you stopped
eating? Have you lost your house? Have you given up driving your car or
boat? Have you reduced the number of movies you go to? Have you stoped
funding your 401k or your IRA? How has the increase in oil price
materially affected you?
You must be stoned. Or, somebody else does the shopping in your house.

Typical Doug non-answer and an attempt at shifting the conversation.

***ME*** shift the conversation? You're talking about mortgage rates while
I'm telling that freight rates have increased 30% in 40-ish months*, and
you're making like it's a non-event.

*A number of months which is not a coincidence, by the way.

How much has the cost of groceries gone up at your local grocery store
in the last two years?