Gary Gary is offline

Default Dangerous Maga-yacht in Maine

otnmbrd wrote:
Question: I'm aware that the GL Canadian rules mirror US Inland, but what
about remaining "Inland" areas of Canada?
I.e., are these different than International or do they basically mirror
International ?

otn

"Gary" wrote in message

The Canadian Mods to the rules for the Great Lakes would have to be the
same as the American rules wouldn't they? It would sure make life
difficult if the two coutries bordering on the Lakes had different passing
rules.

Note that these rules don't apply in any other Canadian inland waters.

Gary

They are very similar to International rules but some of the Canadian
Mods are important to know, for example:

Vessels Constrained by their Draught--Canadian Modification

(b)Notwithstanding paragraph (a), in the Canadian waters of a roadstead,
harbour, river, lake or inland waterway, no vessel shall exhibit three
all-round red lights in a vertical line or a cylinder.

Crossing Situation--Canadian Modification

(b)Notwithstanding paragraph (a), in Canadian waters, a vessel crossing
a river shall keep out of the way of a power-driven vessel ascending or
descending the river, except on the St. Lawrence River northeast of Īle
Rouge.