posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default Hey Douglas - Evelyn report

John Cairns wrote:
Funny you guys should mention these two particular boats, we raced against
both at Bay Week, they gave us fits, both being slightly faster than their
rating, especially noticeable in the case of the Tripp, as their rating is
identical to ours. We partied with the guys from the Tripp, can probably put
you in touch with the owner.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...31781966AasexP

Earlier this year I was hesitating over a Tripp 26 and
somebody else bought it. Oh well.

They are both awesome boats, from what I have gathered the
Evelyns need some structural upgrades (the one Loco is
talking about has what looks like some first class work
already done on her) but they sail very well.

Basically what I'm looking for is a super boat at a
fire-sale price. And one day I will learn to go ahead and
not lose the deal... too much cheapskate in my blood, why
did I ever take up boating?!?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King