Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Volvo vs Yanmar diesel

wrote:
What you are saying only reinforces what I have been hearing since

1982.
I do not know how can Volvo Penta remains in business. I have

talked to
many surveyors and they concluded that Volvo is a good diesel

engine but
their distribution network is poor and their pricing structure way

too high
for the engine and the parts.

I'm convinced that Volvo has a policy of being very competitive in the
OEM market, then trying to use the parts business to subsidize the OEM
business and improve the overall profit margin of their marine engine
business.

Problem is they don't know how to run a parts business.

Lew