Tom Tom is offline

Default Winches....

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 22:00:09 -0400, "oelf92"
wrote:

I need to replace my winch. I have a 21' boat about 3000lbs.. The winch on
there now is rated 2000lbs.. I see 2000lbs winches on ebay for 14.99 but
then i see them @ westmarine and boatersworld for like $50-70... any
suggestions on brands? Also recommened lbs? I was thinking of getting a
2200-2300lbs winch...

Any benefit to strap or cable?

Don't know much about them but watch your ratio - some will require
more effort but winch up faster while others turn effortlessly but
take forever to winch up (slight exaggeration). Might also watch
handle length as they can vary considerably. There are some name
brands that have been around for a long time - Dutton Lainson, Fulton
come to mind as well as a lot of no-name imports. I prefer the strap
as cable tends to fray over time and can cut your hand pretty good if
you're not careful. Good luck.