Don White Don White is offline

Default Does your boat rest on.........................

JimH wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

Mine's on rollers The boat never gets left in the water, only in use.
otherwise it sits on the rollers.

JimH wrote:

..........your trailer rollers or your trailer bunks?

Mine is 100% on the 4 bunks and I may have to make some changes.

However, I only trailer when on vacation and during the off season.

What's wrong with bunks? They support the boat better than rollers.

I did not articulate the possible problem correctly.

When on the trailer the boat sits only on the 4 bunks. The keel sits
several inches higher than the center rollers and is therefore not supported
in anyway by those rollers.

Shouldn't the keel be supported on the trailer center rollers while the
bottom hull also sits on the bunks, or is it OK just for the bunks to
support the boat?

I just went through this problem with my new trailer. Both the trailer
manufacturer and my boat manufacturer felt I had enough support on the 8
forward rollers and the four 2" x 6" rear bunks.
The deal is...with the hull shape on a sailboat like mine, you can move
your bunks/rollers closer to the trailer side frame and the boat should
sit lower. Some sailors swear you should have weight resting on the
strongest part of the hull (keel?). Different opinions each way you turn.