Howard Howard is offline

Default Volvo spare part on board

Two more things:

Vibration mounts - he tore up his vibration isolators once in Bermuda
and had a devil of a time finding them. So he gave me a spare or two.

And,

A washer for the bleeder screw ------------- I had one go bad. Because
of fuel problems I had to bleed several times. The fiber washer on the
screw got deformed and would leak diesel whenever the engine was
running. Hard to find, only leaked when running. Harder to replace,
could not get one until I hit Baddeck. 5 cents to buy!!!!!!

Stupid, but I now have a spare.

wrote:
I am looking at buying a new boat with a M2030 Volvo diesel engine.
The situation in the Canadian Eastern Maritime is that the only Volvo dealer
makes his living with lobster fishermen and carry no part for small diesel.
If I buy that boat equipment with a Volvo diesel engine I will have to carry
parts on board. Not to mention that I will require that shop manual and
learn how to use it.
I would appreciate to receive some guide lines from Volvo owners as to what
to carry on board for spares and what to train myself for maintenance and
emergency repairs. TIA