Don WA5NGP

Default temperature sender mounting on outboard

I've got a spare sending unit and gauge for water temperature. Being
the anal gauge watcher that I am I would like to mount the sending
unit on my 90hp Merc so I can get a better indication of engine
operating temperature before the alarm goes off. Any suggestions? I
was thinking of just putting it right on the water jacket on the power
head. I assume somewhere next to a spark plug would be a good place
too. It doesnt' need to dead accurate. I just want to get an
indication if things are working differently than normal such as if
something got plugged up with sand or something ugly like that. The
last time I was at the coast the telltale water tube clogged with sand
or seaweed so the whole time I was worried that I was about to
overheat when everything was ok the whole time except for that tube.

tks
Don
WA5NGP