Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Volvo spare part on board

In article ,
Wayne.B wrote:

I would appreciate to receive some guide lines from Volvo owners as to what
to carry on board for spares and what to train myself for maintenance and
emergency repairs. TIA

Key spares include water pump impellers with gaskets, belts, filters.

You might also want to consider injectors, alternator and starter.

I wouldn't carry the last line of items for a new engine.

In 13 seasons and 1800 hours on the Hobbs, the only problems we've had
were fuel-related. Oh, except for one impeller -- the new one I'd just
put in. Seems they sometimes arrive DOA.

Thus, carry plenty of filters (primary and secondary) and perhaps a
couple of gallons of diesel. Never trust that gauge.

--
Jere Lull