Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Volvo spare part on board

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:54:00 GMT, wrote:

With my new boat I am considering getting a 9-10' inflatable dinghy with a 9
HP outboard. This way, when there is no wind, if I loose the engine I can
rafted the inflatable against the boat and use the 9 HP outboard to bring
the boat to a safe heaven.

That works but it takes a few minutes to get organized.

I hope that I will not have to do that by having a good diesel engine and a
good maintenance program.

That's a good start but I've been having really lousy luck with water
pump impellers lately, on my generator where it's not critical, but
still a big pain. Any single engine boat is at risk but the anchor is
your best friend if there is no wind to bail you out.