Bill Kiene

Default 1983 15 hp Johnson o/b that just won't run right!

Bill,

That is a good, very popular motor that they should be able to get running
well for you. It is less than 20 years old too. Don't give up on it yet.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Bill Lavernoich" wrote in message
gy.com...

Just a quick follow up to my initial post.

I stopped by the "third" guy's shop this afternoon. He claims that I

never
told him it was "hard starting after it had been run" and that it wouldn't
idle when hot. All his notes showed was that he wrote down "hard

starting"
when I dropped it off, which of course wasn't the case when he first

started
it. He's living proof that most people only listen to the first couple of
words and "assume" the rest.

Also, he apparently didn't do anything to the carburetor except change a
couple of gaskets and adjust the idle screw. He questioned the condition

of
the tank and gas, and whether I had properly vented it. Brand new plastic
OMC 3gal. tank and fresh gas and oil. This OMC tank doesn't have a
screw-vent on the cap. I also raised the "overheating Stator" issue, but

he
downplayed this as the most expensive part of the engine that "everybody
replaces" when they don't have to. Of course he also didn't look at the
water pump and impeller because he didn't think it was a problem. (Of
course, he was going to give it a complete going-over.)