Coff

Default BAYLINER BASHERS..

(Ron M.) wrote in message . com...

Now, NONE of these represent my personal or subjective opinions. These
are objective, factual, empirical observations I've made over 40-plus
years of boating experience. OK?

Now for something completely different... Actual personal experience:

We owned a 2455 midcabin for several years during the mid to late
'90s... It was a 1988 (The Bayliner "bad years"). Boating on the
upper Mississippi with an occasional trip to Lake Michigan (Saugatuk),
I must admit we never had a problem. The boat certainly wasn't an
offshore craft, but it was perfectly good for our needs. We did, by
the way, sell it for more than we paid for it. It sold on the first
day the ad was in the paper to the first caller. As such, comments
about resale and depreciation from those who have never owned them has
always puzzled me.

One of my best memories was the day I was backing it off the trailer
at a 3-lane ramp at a resevoir near my home. A beautiful woman
sitting in a newer Baja next to me looked over and mentioned I had a
"beautiful boat" and then turned to her husband/boyfriend/whatever and
commented that " I wish we had one like that".

While I do keep my boats washed and highly polished, I can only
attribute her comments to sheer ignorance. The exasperated look on
her husband/boyfriend/whatever's face, however, was priceless...

Coff